Food Establishment Information
The Daviess County Health Department is committed to ensuring that sanitary food practices are being conducted by all county food establishments serving the general public. Through conducting periodic inspections of facilities throughout the county to ensure that they are upholding the sanitation requirements as set forth in Indiana's Title 410 IAC 7-24 (click here for the Spanish version) and Daviess County Ordinance 2008-1.
The Daviess County Food Safety Services Staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to assist Daviess County Residents in obtaining information regarding sanitary food requirements and concerns, including Food Establishment Permits.
It is best to contact our department by telephone before visiting as the staff is out of the office conducting fieldwork regularly.
- Food Permit Application Form | Printable (A copy of the food safety certificate and Photo ID of the person certified, if applicable, must be included with the application, or the permit will not be issued)
- Retail Food Establishment Plan Review Application | Printable
- Mobile Food Unit Plan Review Application | Printable
- Mobile Food Unit Commissary Agreement Form | Printable
- Purdue Extension Service Offers ServSafe Re-Certification and Full Classes in the Area on a Regular Basis (Click to access the website, listing classes available throughout Indiana)
- Food Inspection General Information
- Changes to the Indiana Home-Based Vendor Rule - Effective 7-1-2022
- Temporary Event Food Booth Requirements
- Process for New Food Establishments
- Food Temperature Chart
- Process for Food Establishment Change of Ownership
- Food Safety During Power Outages
- Guidance On Boil Orders for Retail Food Establishments
- Food Safety During Floods