Reasons for Rejection
1. Names not appearing the same throughout the document. (IC 36-2-11-16)
2. Names not typed or printed identically to the signatures that they are associated with. (IC 36-2-11-16)
3. Name of person preparing the document is missing. (Documents acknowledged or notarized out of state are an exception.) (IC 36-2-11-15)
4. An address for all of the grantees is missing. (IC 32-21-2-3)
5. Incorrect recording fees. (See Fee schedule page or I.C. 36-2-11-6 on the handling of overages.) (IC 36-2-7-10)
6. Name of company and/or title of officer missing at point of signature.
7. Cross reference, either volume and page or document/instrument number, to original document missing, or obviously in error.
8. Signature or printed name missing. (IC 36-2-11-16)
9. Legal description missing or obviously incomplete or in error.
10. Reference number of a recorded Power of Attorney not on the document if it is being signed by a Power of Attorney or Attorney in Fact. Document must include the cross-referenced POA instrument number on the first page, OR the POA must be recorded along with (prior to) recording of a document signed by attorney-infact. (IC 30-5-3-3)
11. Acknowledgement or Notary information is missing or incomplete. (IC 36-2-11-16, IC 33-42-2-9)
12. Real estate legal description is not in the county where it is being recorded.
13. Auditor’s transfer stamp missing. (IC 36-2-11-14)
14. Sales disclosure stamp missing (County’s discretion -- some Counties don’t use Disclosure stamp)
15. Court documents must have the Judge’s signature and be file stamped by the Clerk of the Courts.
16. Affirmation statement missing with typed or printed name. (IC 36-2-11-15)
17. No Document date, or document not dated by Grantor. (IC 32-29-1-5)
18. Document is not totally legible (IC 36-2-11-16)